Who loves easy recipes? I sure do. Not that I dislike complex recipes but working full-time Monday through Friday sometimes results in my not feeling up to cooking an elaborate meal during the week. When I can find a quick, easy delicious recipe that’s still basically made from scratch, I usually try it. When I found a recipe for Garlic Noodles on Budget Bytes, I figured I would give it a try. It seemed easy enough to prepare; the recipe stated that it only took a total of 15 minutes from preparation to plate. The only difference I made between the recipe on Budget Bytes and my recipe was that I used Cilantro in my recipe and replaced angel hair pasta with rice sticks (rice vermicelli noodles.)
The recipe was quite delicious. It’s definitely something I will make again as both my boyfriend and I enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy it too!
Garlic Sesame Rice Noodles
- 6 oz rice sticks (rice vermicelli noodles), cooked
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 C green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- Sesame seeds and cilantro for topping
- In a large pot, saute the green onions and garlic until tender. Set aside.
- Combine the oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and then add to the garlic/onion mixture in the pot.
- Add the rice noodles and mix well.
- Serve in bowls and top with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
Other delicious Asian inspired recipes: