I love Andes Candies. When I was a kid, there was a restaurant my family used to go to sometimes. They had a little basket of Andes Candies near the entrance/exit of the restaurant. I always had to grab at least two of them to enjoy on the way home.
Chocolate and mint is one of my favorite combinations. I love Thin Mints and Mint Chocolate M&M’s. And of course, I love Andes Candies. A while back I decided to try a brownie recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. I wanted to make these brownies special. Earlier that week I had found a bag of chopped Andes Candies. I was so excited. Seriously. I happily told people at work as well as some of my friends of the treasure I had found. Anyways, back to the brownies. How did I make these brownies special? If you guessed that I used the chopped Andes Candies in them then you are correct my friend! I hope you enjoy this delicious, chocolatey minty treat!
Andes Candies Cake Brownies
- 1 1/4 C white sugar
- 3/4 C butter, softened
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 C milk
- 1 C chopped Andes Candies
- In a sauce pan, heat the sugar, butter and cocoa powder over medium heat until the butter melts. Stir the mixture constantly so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and set aside once the butter is melted. Put the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat lightly with a spoon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk to the chocolate mix, alternating between the two. Beat after each addition.
- Stir in the Andes Candies.
- Pour into a greased 15×10 baking pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.