Recipe: Easy White Bread

Since I didn’t get the Kitchenaid Standup Mixer that I wanted for Christimas, Sunday I decided to purchase one. Kohls had them on sale plus I had a 20% off coupon. Great deals FTW! Want to see what she looks like?

mixer23

Yep, I got the red one. Red is one of my favorite colors. Plus, it looks pretty rad with the colors in my kitchen.

So what was the first thing I made with this awesome little machine? Bread. And not just any bread. My first ever yeast bread. And it came out spectacular! Why did it take me so long to make a yeast bread? Well, quite frankly, I am not a fan of kneading dough. I’ve kneaded pizza dough before. Nope. Not for me. But my lovely Kitchenaid Mixer does the kneading for me while I work on other things. I hope you enjoy this delicious bread recipe. By the way, the recipe came from the recipe book that was included with the mixer.

white bread

Ingredients

• 1/4 C milk
  • 1 1/5 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/5 tbsp butter
  • 1/4 C milk
  • 1 package of dry active yeast
  • 3/4 C warm water
  • 3 C bread flour

Directions

• In a small saucepan, heat the milk, sugar and butter until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
  • Dissolve the yeast in warm water in the mixer bowl (if you’re not using a standup mixer, complete this step in a large mixing bowl that you will be using to mix your dough)
  • Add ┬áthe milk mixture to the mixing bowl along with 1 1/2 C flour and mix for about 1 minute (on the Kitchenaid mixer you would use speed 2)
  • Add the remaining flour 1/2 C at a time and mix until the dough clings to the sides of the bowl, about 2 minutes.
  • Knead fro another 2 minutes.
  • Place the dough ball in a well oiled bowl, turning to oil all sides. Cover and let rise for 1 hour (tip: I turned on my oven to preheat and then turned it off after about 30 seconds. I then placed a pan of warm water on the rack below the rack that holds the bowl with the dough)
  • After the dough has risen, punch down and shape into a loaf. Place in a greased loaf pan (I used 9x5x3) and let rise for 1 hour (I used the oven method once again)
  • After the dough has risen, bake at 400 for about 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
  • Remove the bread from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.

white bread5

white bread4

TWELVE-LOAVES10 (1)

Linking up to Twelve Loaves at A Bakers House

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestEmail to someone

Comments

1. says

I have one also, mine is red, but its the bigger one professional 550! I love it, you are going to love your new mixer! I am going to make this bread also :-) Every time I come to your blog, I love how it looks!

2. says

Awesome! Your going to love it, I’ve got a white 1 & I use it whenever I can. Ohhh your going to love it! I want a piece of that bread with some butter & jelly. I hope your having a great 2013 so far!

3. says

Well, without dating myself too much – I’ve had mine for about 25 years! It still runs like a champ. Mine is white but I do love the new colors! I know you will be using it a lot and will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with next… and it is perfect for pizza dough. Enjoy, Deb

4. says

Wow! If that is just your first try with the new mixer I think you have a wonderful year of bread baking ahead!! Join with our #TwelveLoaves baking group and link up your bread. We try something new each month and January’s theme is a Fresh Start– your white bread fits perfectly!

I got your email and I am looking forward to the jam you sent, I’ll let you know when it arrives, thanks again!!

5. Michelle says

Bread looks delicious can it be made in a bread machine? Not a fan of kneading and would live to have a kitchen aid mixer.

6. says

Hi Julie! I’m visiting from Grow Your Blog Hop! I’m so impressed with your bread and it almost makes me want to go out and by a Kitchen Aid mixer. Not! To be honest I hate to cook. I have a few things that I like to cook and I know I can get right but most of the time I just fix quick things like spaghetti. I do love to eat fresh bread though and yours looks delish. I’ll be visiting to see if you have shared in quick recipes that we would like and I hope you will stop by my place anytime your decide to paint some furniture. lol Hugs, Peggy Hale

7. Shelley says

Hey!! Congrats on the Kitchenaid!!! That’s awesome!!! I just got one for Christmas and I LUVVV it! So it’s super fun to see that you got one too! And sounds like you got a great deal!! Your bread looks amazing!

Hugs!

Shelley

8. says

I tried to make this, but was confused by the two measurements of milk in the ingredients, and the instructions didn’t have an explanation. I then looked for the recipe for the Kitchen Aid Mixer version on Google, and it was a little confusing as well. I only had to use the first amount of flour, not the additional 1/2 cups.

9. says

First off I want to say superb blog! I had a quick question
    in which I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing. I’ve had a difficult time
    clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.

I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to
    15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any recommendations or hints? Kudos!

Trackbacks